Saturday, May 12, 2012

Back at home base

Dear friends,

It has been two amazing years serving the children of God in Cambodia. One of the greatest treasures I have found in this journey of faith with Jesus is humility. Seeing the children appreciating the least that they have taught me to be humble and not complain of what I have. Seeing the children loving Jesus in their simple heart taught me to be humble when I'm before the King of Kings. Seeing my fellow brothers and sisters labour for the Kingdom of God without holding back their time, energy, finances, taught me to be humble and not fret.

Another treasure I picked up along the way is perseverence. I've learned perseverence through my Cambodian brothers and sisters who tirelessly give of themselves for the work of God. Their perseverence is not born of flesh but of faith. They persevere because of their faith and love for Jesus to see their nation transform.

I'm now back at home base, Malaysia. After 2 months of resting and seeking I was led to a special school. This school believes in teaching godly values to the children, molding them not only to be successful academically but also building their character base on the word of God. I must say, it has been a great and painful experience seeing children from another side of the world suffers differently form children in Cambodia.

Carring humility and perseverence, I pray that God will give me the grace to love these children as according to His Father's heart.

Thank you for reading and I will try my very best to keep this blog updated more often.

God bless you!

No comments: